Wednesday, June 29, 2011

In between diapers and feedings...

I painted furniture!

My friend Rachel came over to help and I had about an hour to get this project completed (and I have about five minutes to blog about it; haha!).

When we bought this dresser off Craigslist ($20!), I never intended for it to stay "as is." But, life got busy and I wasn't allowed to spray paint while pregnant, so it sat. And sat. And sat.

But, I've been saving up for a front room re-do, and the dresser (which houses all my office supplies, scrapbooking paper and shipping materials) was the first on the list.

Here's the before:
And the after:
The top was left alone, the bottom was primed and painted white and the knobs were coated with oil rubbed bronze.

I love it! It's amazing how fresh (and completely different) this piece feels now!

Okay. Back to those diapers and feedings. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks wonderful! Good job!

Jess said...

I love it Jill! You are SUPER MOM!!!

Rachel said...

Love it!!

Rachel said...

I love it, Jill!