Summer!
Well, I guess technically speaking, it isn't "officially" summer until the 21st, but since today was Mike's last day of work, it feels pretty much like summer over here.
And, because it was such a beautiful day AND because it's where Maddie's birthday party will be next month and we wanted to scope it out (and I wanted to see how many tablecloths I needed to buy), we headed to our local zoo.
I'm SO mad that I forgot to bring my camera, so I have no pictures to share (but luckily for all of you, we bought a membership so we'll be going lots more and will take lots of pics, I'm sure). But, it was a ton of fun and I can hardly wait for her party.
Oh!
I'm excited. I'm going to be doing my very first giveaway!!
Are you ready?
Hmm, where do I start? I think I should start with the fact that my daughter is, well, obsessed interested in how medicine works and affects her system. She is frequently telling me that her "nose is real bad" or that her "teeth are hurtin' lots."
Short of giving her Tylenol or Advil every four hours (or at her every whim, as she'd have it), I had to figure something out. I know that she does have mild allergies and that her teeth probably really do hurt lots but I didn't feel good about pumping that much children's Tylenol in her.
That's where Hylands comes in.
I'm going to be very frank (shocking). When I first read up on these natural, homeopathic products, I was a little, umm, skeptical. But after deciding to let the products speak for themselves, I decided to go ahead and give some a try.
And you know what?
They work.
And even better, Maddie is completely convinced that they work and will tell me, "I'm feelin' better now!"
So, in comes the giveaway. I have a TON of fabulous Hylands products that I'd love to share with one lucky reader. Our personal faves are the Teething Tablets and the Sniffles and Sneezes for Kids, but there are tons more that I'm giving away. Every Hylands product is all natural and these particular ones work for kids aged two and up.
Perfect.
Okay, here's how to win (I know, you're on the edge of your seat, huh?)... Leave a comment here, telling me what you or your family's favorite summertime activities are. I want to know. We have a few (okay, a lot of) weeks to fill and I want to hear what others do. In a week (or sooner because I'll probably lose patience), I'll randomly pick a winner and send you everything you see here (and heck, maybe more!):
So good luck, share those summer ideas and get to using some of these great products!
Happy summer, too!
16 comments:
Ok I am trying again. First time couldn't remember my password now I reset it so lets see if it works. :) Every summer we go to dh's grandmother's house. Which I don't enjoy so I don't know if you would classify that as a vacation but it is free for us and she is out of state. Though we also have a membership to the zoo which I haven't used this year. We are going to the zoo tomorrow for the first time this year and I am very excited to see how well Elliott does.
Okay. I so need those teething tablets right about now.
Let me think...summer activities? I love mother' beach in HB, mini vacations, aquariums, camping (fun and cheap), and swimming especially in toddler pools where you don't have to watch your kid like a hauk or hold them in the water.
Hope I win!!!! ;)
Well some of my favorites have to be the good 'ole bonfire, toasting up some marshmallow's and having smores...yummm! I also love going for a boat ride. Swimming is the best and cheapest activity, find a good LAKE and go for a dip...trust me , it has to be a lake, it's the best. Enjoy your summer with your family!
So far this summer we have enjoyed our $6 pool from Walmart along with a sprinkle mat that I found on sale at TJMax for $5. Gotta love sales! We also have a park and a mall closeby that have sprayparks....do you see the water theme here?
Want a list lol?
The Aquarium of the Pacific
The OC Fair (my FAVORITE thing about summer; the 6 of us should go some time!)
El Dorado Nature Center
Disneyland
Knott's Berry Farm
Wild Rivers (though I haven't been since I was about 14)
Concerts!
hmmmm what about having a baby???(wink...wink...)Does that count?? What a fun idea! So if we could I'd do a camping trip (motorhome style...lol) I'd go to the beach & river. And hang with my mommy friends. Whats yours?
Haha~ your funny Jill!
I'm with Heather - the fair! Although, with Madi it's more of the animals in their cages cause heaven forbid she touch them (petting zoo)! Actually, I'm looking forward to Sea World trips - we got the pass when it was buy a day get the year free. My Madi LOVES aquatic animals! Maybe even spend a night or two and do the zoo the next day :) As for other "summer" acitivies: Lemon water park in Fullerton; mini golf (haven't tried it yet - Madison likes to hit things with old wrapping paper rolls); and/or movie with a picnic dinner in the a/c!
We love to go camping, the beach, bbq's in the back yard, lazy days by the pool, picnics at the duck pond, our city does a ton of free activites (family related)...we try a new craft most days too...
Save some for baby shower gifts!;-)LOL
Oooh, I'm thinking those teething tablets could come in VERY handy with these 2 year molars.
Our favorite summer activities? We love going for long walks, even better if you walk to the park and let kiddo run around & burn off some energy before heading back.
Alexa loves the sprinker! Its a huge hit. We got her one shaped like a beach ball and she LOVES it.
Camping was fun! We haven't gone this year, but went last year and she loved being outside and playing in the dirt. And roasting marshmallows. Yum.
So this summer I want to do something different! Today I went to El Dorado Nature center, Anbo and I had a BLAST. So I think Im gonna purchase a Regional park, parking pass, I might get a State park pass as well. Visit different parks, walking and playing. The beach, Disneyland OF COURSE! Be more out doorsey I know Anberlyn LOVES to be outside. But when its hot, I HATE heat, I will probably hit different malls and let her play in the kids area, go to the different water parks ie. splash pad. I like cheap. La Habra Childrens museum has a free day once a month and I think a few others do as well, I might go to those, and the libraries, there is one by me that has fun stuff going on all the time.
Here is OC's parks! Im so excited. Im gonna try to visit it a different regional, historic or wilderness park a week. Im so excited! http://www.ocparks.com/default.asp
We love to be busy during the summer! Different adventures are the best! I love summer because the sun is up early and till late :)
Such as:
bike riding to ice cream
camping on the spur of the moment
zoo
lots of picnics with dinner at parks
slip and slide in the back yard
pool and beach time of course
feeding ducks
city concerts in the parks with picnic dinner
swimming lessons
washing the cars when it is hot
farmers market
Hope those good enough ideas to win! I have been looking everywhere for that kind of stuff in sb, and can't find it!
Lots of Love, Allison
Get this book
http://www.funplaces.com
She lives close to you and you can pick it up directly from here for about $20. It has all kinds of places to visit in So Ca and classifies them by county. There's also a list in the back by cost and another by month. It's given us lots of ideas for those days you need to get away and do something different.
Picnics in the backyard! Just anything to enjoy the weather, and to have a change of pace - which is getting more and more important as Torie is getting more and more bored with me LOL.
Post a Comment