Dear Maddie,
I guess you should sort of be getting used to this by now, since, at this point, you've lived with me almost two years, but it's been a wild few weeks here, huh? I mean, aside from everything that's happening with life, you've had some big changes, too. In a lot of ways, and I'm not talking about your new-found power to hit people (although, when you hit me yesterday, you told me that you were just "movin' your arms a little bit" and not hitting me at all), you're becoming less toddler and more little girl.

You've changed so much these past few weeks and it makes me happy and sad and scared. I'm worried that it'll be just a few more weeks and I'll be writing how it's so cute that you apply eyeshadow that matches your clothes and never come in past curfew. You do keep me laughing and you do keep me on your toes.

I guess you should sort of be getting used to this by now, since, at this point, you've lived with me almost two years, but it's been a wild few weeks here, huh? I mean, aside from everything that's happening with life, you've had some big changes, too. In a lot of ways, and I'm not talking about your new-found power to hit people (although, when you hit me yesterday, you told me that you were just "movin' your arms a little bit" and not hitting me at all), you're becoming less toddler and more little girl.
First of all... the potty. Really, you trained me because in all honesty, I'm actually missing the days (and ease) of just changing a diaper. I'm pretty sure that you are the first individual that can use the bathroom eighteen times in the same hour. Not only do I feel like a jack-in-the-box, running to the restroom every other minute with you, but I also can't keep enough green M&Ms stocked in the jar.
But, I know it's a good thing and I'm super proud of you (and watching you dig and dig, searching for "one more green treat!" makes me smile).
And, you have almost all of those big, bad, two year molars in. I'm pretty sure that that is far more exciting for me, although from the looks of your poor, swollen gums, you must feel a little relief too.
You're just a funny little creature. I love all (okay, almost all) of your idiosyncrasies and I love watching you become the person you're meant to be. I love that you throw your sippy cup out of your bed, signaling that you're ready to go to sleep. I love that you wake up talking about bagels and Mickey Mouse and wondering if we're going to see TT. I love that you're nearly as quirky as me, like whenever you see that Eric Carle cube in your tent, you immediately grab it and throw it out. We can't figure out what you have against the cube...
You have such excitement towards, well, towards everything. The expression in that deep, but squeaky, little voice of yours is pretty darn adorable. You tell me that this is, "the most 'lee-licious sucker ever!" and that, "Mama's phone is so, so pretty!" When you saw Lilly a couple days ago, you walked up to her and said, "Ohhh, cute shirt Lilly!"
Funny girl, you are.
And tonight, Grandma is coming over to help stuff goody bags for your second birthday party. Wow. Two years old... *Sniff, sniff*
So, here's to watching you grow even more into your sweet, and silly, little self.
I love you,
Mama
1 comment:
Such a sweet and smart little girl she is! For some reason, the picture of the cube outside of the tent is cracking me up!
Post a Comment