Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Baby Discovery Bottle

Remember Maddie's discovery bottle with magnets?
Well, she thought Grayson's fussiness was because he didn't have a cool bottle too (I'm pretty sure his fussiness was because his nap was cut short when she decided to tap dance in the kitchen, but whatever).
We decided to make a bottle, together, for Gray.
We got an empty bottle from our recycling and cleaned it really well. Then, we filled it with water and some food coloring.
The best part (says Maddie) was finding all sorts of tiny objects to put inside. We decided on:
pasta tubes, pompoms, glitter (lots and lots), bells, marbles, beads, and googly eyes.
I sealed the lid shut with glue and once it was dry, we gave it to Gray.
It's pretty big and heavy (definitely would like to do this again with a smaller bottle), but he loves it!
We hold it for him and he bats at it OR we put it on the floor and he rolls around, trying to grab it.
Maddie and I also had fun playing I-Spy with it, asking each other clues like, "Can you find something that is green?" or, "Find the object that starts with a /b/."

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Love this idea!

Kristen @ My Semi-Crunchy Life said...

Great idea! I need to make one for Bubby.

Sunshine and Spoons said...

Love this idea! I had to pin it :)