Thursday, May 5, 2011

Eek!

The last thing on our big "To Do" list (well, almost last thing; more on that in a second) was to install Grayson's carseat. But, since our car has been in the shop for the past four weeks, we couldn't do it until...
Today!

It's so exciting! Seeing it back there... Oh my goodness, my heart races just looking at the picture. Ha!

I had a little panic attack this afternoon when I was driving and looked in the mirror. For a split second I saw the empty seat and thought I'd left him somewhere. Haha!

And, even though I blog about these appointments all the time (and it's probably boring for others to read), I had another one this morning.

Little man gave us quite the scare, as his heart rate kept dipping low and sending off the alarms. The nurse was so calm (which kept me from absolutely losing it) and the doctor assured me that he wasn't concerned because it would still spike back up after a bit.

But still. Not fun.

We also talked about the next week and a half, and what it will look like. I'll continue with my twice weekly appointments next week and then...

It's baby time!

We've got arrangements for Maddie and I've obsessively made lists of things she eats and doesn't eat, likes and doesn't like (which is funny since my parents will have her and they know her just as well as Mike and I do!). Mike, my mom and my friend Jenny will be with me when Grayson enters this world and just thinking about it has me so excited that I can't sit still. I've got another amazing friend, Monick, lined up to take pictures so I think we're pretty much set!

I guess I really do need to pack my hospital bag (that is the one remaining thing on my list!).

Have I mentioned that I'm a little bit excited?!

6 comments:

Elle Belles Bows said...

Enjoy this special time!

Best wishes!

Kerri

Christina said...

How exciting! I'm not too far behind you! :) I am actually really looking forward to getting the car seat installed (must thoroughly clean car first...) and I'm ready to have my bag packed (just need a bag to pack...). I love the anticipation of the weeks to come! Best of luck as you prepare to welcome your baby!

~Mrs. Hughes said...

Oh Jill! Such exciting news! I'm so happy for you!! You are gonna do great! Keeping you in my prayers.. Cannot wait to see pictures!! Monick is my inspiration!

Amanda said...

SO exciting! The countdown is definitely on for you! We just put Zoey's carseat in the backseat for our vacation in about 2 weeks. Yes I suppose there is a possibility that I have a baby in New Jersey at our family reunion vacation! lol

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Christine! you are too sweet!!!


Jill I can't put in word how blessed I feel to taking a part in this miracle! I an NOT wait for Graysons birthday!

Emily said...

Eeek!! So exciting! I'm so stoked for you mama, can't wait to hear the good news!