Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Maddie's Work Space

If it's just Maddie and me at home, there's a 90% chance that you can find her at her table, working, creating, stamping, drawing or painting.
Of all the things we've bought her, I think this table and chairs (from Ikea) have been the greatest, most long-lasting of all.
She has an area in our family room, tucked neatly behind our sectional. It's kind of "her space."
Ikea tubs were hung on a rod and they hold her markers, crayons, glue bottles and scissors.
We also use our cubby system in the family room for her. The baskets hold all her figures and toys (I can't stand to see toys out!) and the doors hide her boxes of stamps, stickers, glitter glue and pads of paper. She always has access to all her materials and she uses them ALL THE TIME.
This weekend, we were out and about and I gave her the option of getting a smoothie or going to the craft store and getting new tubes of glitter glue. She hardly had to think before answering, "Glitter glue. I'm getting a little low." :)

I love that she's so interested in crafting and she comes up with some very interesting collages and creations! :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

This is great! Gracie is now to the point where a little table and chairs set would really benefit her. We usually just hang out in the floor and do our crafts, but I'd love for her to have her own "space". Might have to check out Ikea!