Ready for a super fun sensory activity?!
Maddie was. :)
Sometimes, I put out surprise trays (ones that don't go with our weekly theme) and she "discovers" them when she gets up in the morning.
She was really excited to get started on this one (we have a rule that we don't do any trays until Daddy goes to work; it makes him leaving a little easier!).
The sandpaper is from the Dollar Tree and the really old, gloppy (yes, we need a new set of them) finger paints is from Lakeshore.
We opened the pots of paint and she started finger painting on the sandpaper.
It's such a mix (I know because I tried it with her!) of smooth cold paint and rough and bumpy sandpaper (though, this sandpaper is cheap and not too bumpy!).
She loved it.
See that big goopy glob in the left corner?
That's her finger. :)
Because our paint was on the thicker side, I gave her some toothpicks and let her scratch in designs. She especially loved this because when she was finished with a particular design, she could just use her fingers to erase it away!
What a fun activity and a great way to start the day!
5 comments:
Very cool! This on our to do list...that hasn't happened yet! I have that same Ikea wall caddy in the background and LOVE it! It's great for crayons in the playroom!
Oh I love this idea!!
Love this activity! I will need to give this a try soon!
Awesome!! We just stocked up on Dollar STore sandpaper for my art camps but I already need to make a run for more. Love it!!
Great idea! I saw this on A Mommy's Adventures today (she linked to you) and I ran to Dollar Tree and bought the sandpaper! I can't wait to try it.
Post a Comment