Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Home Staging!

I'm almost five months pregnant now and I thought it'd be a good time to start out another business venture.  Ha!

I actually did not seek this one out, but rather am going along with the flow and enjoying every moment!

Mike and I refinish furniture (as seen on my other BLOG, which has been neglected lately) and then I list on Craigslist.  Long story, but a property manager found me, went through my album of completed projects, and hired me on to stage two children's rooms in a new home!  Apparently, "big stagers" don't do a lot of kiddie rooms so... Enter me!

I was so nervous but Mike assured me I could do it, which I actually could NOT have without him.  The boy has an EYE!  He's the best teammate I could ever ask for.

Anyway, here are some BEFORE shots:

A room designated as a "little boy's" space:



And a nursery:

One of the first things I asked was if I could ditch the Looney Toons bedding.  Ha!  No offense if you're a Looney Toons fan but I couldn't wrap my mind around it.  :)

And now, for the AFTER pictures!

We rearranged the room and brought in some new items (and lots from my own home!).

I dressed the crib in Maddie's old black and white damask bedding (loved seeing it after all these years, too!).

A sweet baby girl's nursery!

And the boy's room:

The rooms are tiny but I wanted to show how much functionality we could pack in there.  There's plenty of space for a functional art and toy table.

One of Blessed Nest's refinished pieces:

And it's ready to go!
I'm so in love with these two rooms.  I told Mike that if we had a spare $435,000 hanging around, we should totally buy the house.  Ha!

1 comment:

~Mrs. Hughes said...

this is totally awesome JILL!!! You have skills!