Wednesday, January 25, 2012

{Miracles}

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.  Hebrews 11:1

Last night was another Beth Moore study night and I learned so much about covenants and believing and hope.  We talked about faith and how it can't be separated from hope and how we just can not live without hope.  

My workbook is a big sloppy mess of notes.

We also discussed miracles, which I just love.  I love hearing of miracles, I love talking about my miracles, and I love being a part of miracles.

Not everyone defines miracle in the same way and some people may not think they've ever seen a miracle.  I believe that miracles are the events in our lives that only God is capable of accomplishing.  They are the moments when time is stopped and God's hand is so heavy that there's simply no other way to explain it.

And it's got me thinking of God's miracles in my life, which always fills me with such an overwhelming feeling of His greatness.

Watching a flickering heartbeat on an ultrasound screen... Such tiny and early life, beating and thriving because God chose it to be so.  Watching that speck of life grow and develop... That's God.  And eventually, hearing my children take their first deep breaths, watching them blink their eyes for the first time ever, wrapping their tiny chubby fingers around mine...

Miracles.

But it's the miracle of my marriage that's my favorite chapter in my story so far.  I know I talk about it a lot on here but I try and let it be totally spirit-led.  Whether you've stumbled upon this little blog or followed for years, I want you to know that God still performs miracles.  My marriage is a miracle.

What was never written on these pages was the miracle moment... The moment that God interceded that sunny May day (and not coincidently, what was Grayson's original due date several years later).  The moment time stopped and I felt God's presence more strongly than I ever had.

And to think it happened in line at Disneyland, waiting to ride Dumbo with my totally estranged husband and 20 month old daughter.  A situation that was, by any man's standards, bleak.

But it wasn't.  God had set the stage for a miracle.

It was the moment Mike looked at me, speaking words that I'd spent the past six months fervently praying for.  Speaking words that were God-breathed.  And with that, the course of our lives, once again, were forever changed.

Everything is possible with God.  When we desperately need and seek a miracle in our life, He will give it to us.  He knows what the best kind of miracle for us is and He is still very active in our lives.

So give Him every opportunity through your faith to perform the one you desire and keep believing.

God is who He says He is.

Look at these two.  I couldn't help but get all teary watching my little miracles swing and slide with each other and with their daddy.

Everything is possible for him who believes.  Mark 9:23

No comments: