It was a little bit of a different Thanksgiving this year. We're trying to figure out some curveballs we've been thrown and in all honesty, I wasn't necessarily feeling real thankful.
But then, all I have to do is look at these pictures, and think of the time spent with these people, and I'm overwhelmed with thankfulness. Because hello, thankfulness isn't about things or money or anything like that. It's so much more. For me, this year, I got to focus on the people, the relationships, and the moments that make me feel so blessed.
So thankful.
It was Grayson's first trip to Las Vegas. He got the memo that it's the city that never sleeps and actively participated by waking up every. single. hour.
Both nights.
When people ask why we "only" stayed two nights, I laugh. In a manic way. Because two nights feel like two years when you're trying to make sure the 6 month old doesn't wake the 4 year old (or your hotel neighbors {my parents on one side and sisters on the other}).
But other than being in a little bit of a sleep deprivation haze, I'm so grateful for our trip. My parents (aka: Nana and Papa) made it magical for us. We needed to get away and it came at the perfect time.
We visited my Aunt Millie (well, Great Aunt Millie), ate too much food, saw the Muppets movie (eh, Mike and Maddie did; I dodged that bullet! Ha!), and just relaxed (again, not at night, since our little man cried, laughed, and nursed all night long!).
Ohmygoodness.
These two. Last year, she was three and he was in my tummy. I was still incredibly scared of something going wrong and losing him and madly in love with both of them.
So, a different Thanksgiving, but a wonderful one all the same.




No comments:
Post a Comment