Sunday, November 20, 2011

Prayer Request

I'm a huge fan of worship music.  I love it.  We fill our car with it, our home with it, and I really believe that it speaks to me as much as time in church or time in Bible study.  One of my very favorite songs is Mercy Me's Bring the Rain.  I listened to it thousands (literally) of times throughout our separation and then a thousand times more through our reconciliation and restoration.  My very favorite part is:

And I know there'll be days,
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You,
Jesus, bring the rain.

There's big changes coming in our household.  They're not the kind we planned for, expected, and certainly not what either of us wanted.  The rain has started to come down and while I know we can weather this storm, I'm tempted to let myself spiral out in sadness and anger.

But just as quickly as I start to feel helpless, I'm reminded that we so are not alone.  As we were driving home from church last night, Bring the Rain came on the radio, which is pretty rare around here.  I know that I was meant to hear that song last night; that I needed to hear those words fresh and new (and just as amazing, Grayson stopped crying as soon as it came on, falling asleep halfway through it).

No matter what happens, God is still the same faithful, loving God.  I have to continue to seek ways to praise Him.  No matter what.

And while I can't really speak about these big changes (yet, at least), I do have a request of you, reading this blog right now.  Could you, if you think of it, keep our family in your prayers or thoughts?  It's nothing about our marriage or our health (praise God for both of those!), but it's still pretty huge on the list of things for Jill to worry about.  Ha!  I know the power of prayer.  My marriage is a testament of it.  Our sweet baby boy is a living testament of it.  And I pray that this situation on our plates right now will be a testament of it, too.

8 comments:

Jess said...

Prayers with your family!!!

Anonymous said...

Always...

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and the family!

http://alberico.net said...

You guys are on top of our list for sure.

Rebecca said...

Saying a prayer for you! Hugs!

Grandma said...

If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it. Love you.

Grandma said...

If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it. Love you.

Broas Family said...

Praying for you. God knows your need and that's most important. He is faithful time and time again.