Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back to School... Almost

Despite me not posting about our activities, we have been doing them! But, I rarely have my camera nearby or when I do, I rarely have time to sit and post. Ha!

But, I recently made some fun activities for Maddie and since she's enjoyed them so much, I even turned them into a back to school kit for the store!
We've been working so hard on sight words and she's really starting to pick them up quickly! She loved playing Bingo with me.
Over and over and over again. :)
We've also been working on numbers greater than ten (both writing and recognizing) and this was a fun apple cover up (with glass pebbles, or "magic rocks" as Maddie calls them) helped us do just that.
A paint bag was perfect for practicing letters and she loves that it "magically" disappears!
I'm not sure what she likes more: tracing the lines on the pre-writing strips or erasing her work. Ha! The beauty of lamination and erasable markers. :)

The kit has even more activities, but alas, these were all the ones I photographed her doing. Hey, four out of seven isn't bad, right?! It helps that Grayson is napping (and has been for 3hours!).

Maddie starts pre-k next month and she is SO excited. She'll be going three mornings a week this year and I'm praying that it's a great experience for her!

No comments: