Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Amazing Gray


This is a sneak peek at the newborn session shot last week by this very talented photographer.

Maddie was at school yesterday and it was just Grayson and me. We headed to a lactation clinic for some extra pointers and then stopped in at my OB's office, which happened to be just two stories down.

As I walked down the long hallway to their office, it hit me that this time, this time, I was carrying my baby.

I've been to this office for years and it holds a lot of emotions. There were times I left elated, having seen a flickering heartbeat or hearing a strong heartbeat.

But, there were also times of so much pain. So much heart ache. Times I sobbed on the way back to the car. Crying so hard that I couldn't catch my breath. Walking down that hallway and wanting to just scream.

But yesterday, I walked down the hall holding my sweet, sweet baby boy.

Our boy that we waited so long to hold, to kiss, to rock.

I can honestly say that it took me a good five months to even accept his pregnancy. There was so much fear; I was so scared to let myself fall in love with someone that I might lose. Maybe that's normal after having had losses. Maybe I just wasn't as faithful as I should've been.

But all it took was seeing his face that instant he was born... Touching him and feeling the weight of him in my arms... I fell completely and utterly and totally in love.

And I know that His timing is so perfect. For so many months, I begged and pleaded for this child. And, He was faithful and brought us this amazing blessing in His time.

And for that, I am so, so thankful.

He was most certainly worth the wait.

6 comments:

~Mrs. Hughes said...

HE IS AMAZING
GOD IS GOOD.

Unknown said...

AMEN!

MamaLieder said...

This is just the beginning. Soak it up, every second. SO happy for your sweet sweet miracle!

TessBenson said...

All I can do is smile, with tears in my eyes! :0D

Michelle said...

Simply Beautiful!!!

Jess said...

Left you an award on my blog!!! http://projectgetthin.blogspot.com/2011/05/stylish-blogger-award.html