Last week was... exhausting.
On Tuesday, I was driving home from tutoring (with Maddie and one of my students in the car) when a young girl crashed into the driver's side of my car.
She was very sweet and incredibly apologetic, but it smashed the door in (and absolutely terrified me). She said she thought I had a stop sign (I didn't).
Anyway, I called my doctor, who had me do some kick counts and come in first thing the next morning (the office was already closed and Grayson was reassuring me by having a huge bout of hiccups as we were talking; ha!).
I went in the next day and got a whole work up:

I had my first every non-stress test (NST) and an ultrasound to check fluid levels. All was good and I got to see him sucking his thumb. :)
I also had blood work done.
Blood work that, the next day, didn't come back all that great.
Because of me being Rh- (a blood thing), the results became more serious.

So Maddie and I were sent off to labor and delivery for monitoring.
She thought it was cool.
For about 10 seconds. Ha!
Thank heavens for my amazing parents that raced down to the hospital and picked her up (where she got to play at Nana and Poppa's for hours; much better than a hospital room!).

My view. Ha!
I will say that listening to Grayson's heartbeat and watching the heart rate was a joy.
Also, being forced to rest for a few hours wasn't that bad, either. :)
Waiting four hours for the lab to deliver yet another Rhogam shot was not as enjoyable, but thankfully my mom was there the whole time to keep me company.

I also had to go back the following day for more monitoring, since they're a little concerned about placental abruption. The doctors assure me that everything looks good and every single nurse has commented on what a happy baby Grayson is. He is constantly moving, hiccuping and trying to kick off the monitors. Ha!
We're not sure if I'll continue this twice weekly monitoring up until my due date or not. We'll find out more at my next appointment on Friday. I'm so thankful that Mike has a job where he can get home fairly quickly and that I have parents who have totally stepped up to take care of Maddie. In fact, she now frequently asks me if I should just "drop her off at Nana's and go check Grayson's heartbeat." Ha!
So, totally unfortunate time for a car accident but very, very thankful for thorough and loving doctors!
2 comments:
I am so happy everything is okay with you and baby Grayson! Aren't the NSTS fun? I start mine in 4 weeks, every week until I give birth. On the bright side our hospital has free daycare which leaves me a nice quiet hour to kick up my feet and read!
Glad you are ok!!
Post a Comment