Our hospital offers a big sister/big brother-to-be class and we were so excited to enroll Maddie!

My parents gave her this baby brother doll at my baby shower and she is super attached to it.
She had to bring a baby and she immediately grabbed him!
They learned how to bathe a baby, swaddle a baby (sort of! Ha!) and even how to love on your new sibling.

Mike and I even walked away with some great ideas to help make a smooth transition from three to four.

They went on a field trip upstairs to the labor and delivery rooms. :)
She got to take a "ride" in the hospital bed and then she got to be the one to push the buttons. I think this was her favorite part!

After watching a short video about being a big sister, she "graduated." :)
She got a diploma and a shirt.

A shirt that she totally refuses to take off. Ha!
It was such a wonderful experience. As soon as we left, she said, "That was great!" and later told us, "I can't wait till my little baby comes!" :)
5 comments:
Love all the fun things they do with the BIG siblings. How fun!
THIS IS SOOO COOL! Our hospital offered it too, but Evan was only 18 months old, same with the next kids too. I think Maddie and Grayson's age difference is perfect. You are very blessed. And these pictures are priceless...just imagine showing her these when she's older!
I like that she said "my little baby".
How is it you get to do all the baking, Jill, yet the baby is Maddie's??? LOL!!! Too cute!!
Love it! I believe our hospital offers a similar class. I should definitely look into it for our Maddie!
Post a Comment