Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Baby Update!

Last week, we got to have a sneak peek at our baby boy again! Everything is looking good (praise God!), he's measuring great, and the tech was able to get all the necessary pictures. Oh, and he is definitely a boy!!

It is {finally} starting to really sink in that in a few months, we will be adding a BABY to our family! I know that for most, this would've started sinking in about, oh, 5 months ago, but with our history, I've just been so, so guarded. When sweet friends got together to start planning my shower, I completely broke down because a huge part of me still just can't wrap my mind around this! We are so excited and can not wait until we get to hold him.

Maddie is still adjusting to the whole baby brother idea, but things are getting easier. We're trying our best to include her in every possible thing (clearing out his room, picking out his clothes, feeling him kick) and I'm just hoping that our transition from three to four is smooth.

I posted our top names on Facebook and got a lot of great feedback! I'll post them here, too, so we can look back in months or years and smile (I have Maddie's name list in her baby book). Anyway, we're liking Luke, Finn, Hayden, Grayson, Liam or Jude. I actually really feel like I know what his name should be, but we'll see if that changes!

Thank you for all your continued thoughts and prayers! I think it's safe to say that I'm still a nervous wreck but feeling him wiggle, kick and flop brings me so much peace of mind!

Up next is painting the room!!

3 comments:

Keri said...

YAY! Congrats again- all the names you picked out are darling. You should post more about activities that help Maddie with the transition- I am sure a lot of people could benefit!

Leslie said...

Yay! I am glad things are going so well! I like the names you are thinking of, but am partial to Luke since that is my son's name! (:

TessBenson said...

Oh baby boy! so precious! I can not wait to feel my baby kick! Im a nervous wreck waiting for it to happen! I felt both girls by this point in my pregnancy. oh well! I cant wait to hear what name you decide on, they are all so cute!