We had another group Tot School today and, as always, had a blast. The kids are really getting into such a great rhythm and were just awesome in all their work!
Here were our outdoor centers and crafts:

Make a Fall Tree
I always put directions, as well as a completed example (thank you Maddie) up as a reference. All the necessary materials for each activity are right underneath.

My tiny model is totally blocking it, but there was a big box full of silk leaves, pumpkins and beads that the kids could explore.
Corn Cob Painting
Dot Stamping
Sensory table with pinto beans, rice, tiny pumpkins, leaves, scoops and measuring cups
Sink or Float Science Activity
(There was a big bucket of water underneath)
The kids loved this one.
Marble Painting
(also a huge hit)
Now, onto the tray work...
Dry pouring with lentils, peas and beans
Tonging acorns in a real/plastic pattern in the paint tray
Tonging pumpkins in a color pattern
(I realize that I own 7 different types of tongs; ha!)
Tweezing foam beads into the ice cube mold
Tweezing pompoms into pumpkin mold
Creating a number line with fall leaves and counting out the correct number of pebbles
Color sorting of tiny objects into a divided plate
Turkey math mat with foam dice and wood chips
Pattern strips with fall pieces and early phonemic awareness (listening for initial sounds)
Matching picture to word card to tiny object
Counting with pumpkins, leaves and acorns
Adding play dough berries to a pie :)

Scarecrow count and clip cards
Letter assessments with magnets
And, I think that was it! We had such a fun time. In circle time, we worked in our journals, learned a fall poem and decorated cupcakes. LOVE our Tot School days!
6 comments:
Love it. I am very impressed.
So awesome! I want to go to your tot school!
Wow, wow, wow!! Love ALL of these activities!
Ok, after another terrific group tot school post, I'm officially going to give it a try! The only reason I'm taking this on is because you make it sooo easy since I'll just follow along behind your themes :-) Please tell me you understand that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
Oh, I forgot to ask, on the subject of tongs ~ where do you find yours? I'm having a terrible time finding anything but ugly metal ones (ICK!)
Abhinav's preschool gave the "sink or float" as "homework" -- he absolutely loved it. I am trying to understand what marble painting is -- how do you do it ?
Post a Comment