Even though this is nothing terribly original, it's working for us and I thought I'd share (plus, they're kinda cute).
Since Maddie knows (most) of her letter sounds and all the capital letters, I thought it was time to introduce the lowercase letters.
One day (months ago; this isn't the freshest post!), I stood with my packs of foam sheets (all from the Dollar Tree), scissors and googly eyes.
Maddie was resting and during one rest break (45ish minutes), I cut out all the lower case letters (totally freehand; don't look too closely!).

Then, I bagged each letter and all necessary components into a baggie.
When she got up, I told her she could pick one (which quickly escalated into "Pick all but a few because you're running through these way faster than I'd originally planned for!").

As she completes them (most are animals letters, except for the ones like house and igloo; my creativity was running dry!), we hang them on her chalkboard-painted closet door.
They're fun, they're cute and they're perfect for getting hands-on with lowercase letters!
4 comments:
turned out great!!!!
I LOVE these they turned out great I'm going to feature these and the curtain on my I want to make these (a post i have planned for tomorrow) hope that is ok!
Hi there-cool idea!Will be doing this!
That's awesome! Will you send me a list of the animals? I'm not one to re-invent the wheel, especially when someone else has done it so well!
Post a Comment