Last weekend, Mike and I had the chance to steal away for a few days to paradise. There was no internet, no ringing phones and no tantrums (we love that girl but she was in the very capable hands of grandparents!).
And seriously, the trip couldn't have been timed any better. I really needed to get away and spending time with my best bud was perfect. Mike knows me better than anyone in the world and I think he just knew that I needed some time.
Our hotel room opened up to the ocean. When he went for a run one morning, I took my book out to the patio and sat and read. It was totally and completely relaxing.
Us.
We rode bikes around the island, which was one of my favorite things. Another favorite thing is when Mike is in control of the camera. Ha!
Along with the absolutely beautiful weather, we enjoyed margaritas and Mexican food. I think I could happily eat Mexican food everyday and never tire of it.
It was just a perfect trip. We shopped, caught a movie, ate pizza on our balcony and tried to sleep in (but, I guess once you have a child, your internal alarm clock is permanently reset to wake up at exactly 7:15 every morning?!).
I definitely feel refreshed and energized and happy.
3 comments:
It sounds wonderful!
Ahhhh- getaways are the best! So glad you got to rest and reconnect with your man!
What a wonderful getaway!
Post a Comment