Remember Maddie's new calendar? We're still loving it and using it daily. She says that her favorite parts are changing the weather card and telling me how she's feeling (which, by the way, is always happy because I think she just loves to draw a smiley face with me).
Since I wanted her to be able to see what we'd be doing throughout the week, my sweet hubby made these photo cards on the computer.
He used iPhoto, which made it quick and easy. After printing them on cardstock, I laminated and punched a hole through each one.
So far, we've made five pictures each of her at gymnastics and her at ballet. Gymnastics hasn't started back up again yet, but together, we sat and put one ballet picture on each Friday.
There's also a picture of Maddie at the zoo and one of her at Disneyland. Together, we plan a day to do each one of those places, once a month (we have passes for each). There's also a special picture of her and Daddy, which we use for when he's taking her on a date, which in her case, means dinner at Denny's (or Daisy's as she calls it) and then a shopping trip to Target or Wal-Mart. Fun, huh?!
The pictures are (mostly) 2x2, so they fit nicely over the date cards.
And now, when she asks when ballet is, we head straight toward the calendar to count how many days until she gets to go.
I would love to make some more cards that would show playdates with her buddies, special time with each of her grandparents, aunts or uncle or family outings for the three of us. It's a work in progress!
7 comments:
that is super cute! :)
Such a great idea!
What a great idea, you are so amazing!
Visual reminders- perhaps I need to do that for my OWN personal calendar! ;0)
I love it! I still want to get a calendar here like that or similar.
Great idea!
GREAT idea! And "Daisy's" - I love it!! :)
Post a Comment