Monday, December 21, 2009

What HAVE We Been Up To?!

I honestly cannot believe that we are just days away from Christmas (and the end of the year, but more on that later). This month has flown by, which for us, has been good and bad. I've had a lot on my mind lately, but things are looking good and I'm feeling so blessed to have Michael home with us for the next couple of weeks (yay for teacher's schedules!).

Here's what we've been filling our days with lately...
We celebrated our anniversary on the 17th with a night out. Mike made it a very special evening and I'm so thankful to my parents and sisters for taking care of Maddie.
We played at our local aquarium with our friends Heather and Owen (and, in true mom's group fashion, I think we were the only ones from the "Yes" list that showed!). It was a fabulous day because the place was empty and the kids could run around and get close to the animals.

I just realized that we had two other play dates last week, but I don't have the pictures. On one, we got to see our buddies, Monick and Lilly, and their brand new place! At another, we got together with our college friends. As soon as Ali sends me some pictures, I'll update (all of our kids are growing up so fast and it was wonderful to watch them all play together!). They also have a brand new place that is absolutely gorgeous.
Maddie had her last ballet class of the year (but, no worries because the next session starts in January; January is VERY far away when you're only two, though).
Like the Minnie Mouse leotard? That is the same one that my sisters wore (well, one of the ones they wore) to their first ballet class, about 13 years ago! I'll have to see if my mom has a picture of the girls wearing it when they were little...
We also went to the Nutcracker Ballet yesterday! Maddie was totally pumped up for it and did surprisingly well.
She was so excited to wear her Christmas dress. :)
And, the highlight of our week came when Santa Claus made a stop at our house!! I love the expression on Maddie's face!
Santa even brought her a present and sat and talked with her. She was beyond thrilled.
Thank you so much to our sweet friends, Brian and Mariaelena, for including us in this special night!

3 comments:

Amy said...

She looks just adorable, and I am so glad that she enjoyed the Nutcracker! It's hard at that age to be still, so that's a great accomplishment!

Elise said...

I know what you mean with classes finishing up - this holiday is a looooong time when you are little!

How special for Maddie to wear the same Minnie Mouse leotard your sister wore and Maddie looks gorgeous in it.

It's such a special experience for Maddie to go the Nutcracker ballet. I love Maddie's Christmas dress.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your Tot School post - it was jam packed full of so many wonderful activities. After Christmas I am going to buy some sort of storage so we can set up our activities in a more orderly and accessible fashion. Your shelf with trays looks fantastic. I really liked your model magic name writing activity. My little girl is also into building towers for her princesses.

Happy Christmas to you and your family, I will "see" you next year in 2010.

Counting Coconuts said...

Good job Maddie for being such a good girl during the Nutcracker! Not an easy task for these little ones! And Jill, you are just so pretty - easy to see why Maddie is such a cutie pie. :)