I wanted to make some favors for some little friends (and their moms!) and these were two projects were incredibly easy, fast and cheap...
I know that 99% of the mommy population has already tried this, but I still have to share. These were SO easy and turned out great! Plus, if you have a tin or a mold and a box of old crayons, you're set!
My sweet, sweet hubby sat and peeled wrappers off crayons with me (and actually, Maddie would've loved to do this too, but she was already in bed). Then, we broke the crayons up and put them in a muffin tin (I think we did 5-6 crayons per heart). This was a heart-shaped one from the Target dollar spot (around Valentine's day, I believe).
I melted them in a 250 degree oven for about 8 minutes (or, until melty) and then popped them in the fridge to set.
They came out of the silicone mold incredibly easily and Maddie loves them (which is odd because she's totally not a crayon girl).
Here's the first batch. Aren't they cute?! Of course, my mind is already reeling with the possibilities...
We also made some peppermint bark. Mike crushed the candy canes (which are, in my opinion, much prettier when crushed, rather than the starlight mints).
And I sprinkled the candy over melted white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate. I froze each batch for about 10 minutes then broke into pieces and bagged them up.
Maddie helped make party bags by using a Christmas light cookie cutter as a stamp. I added wires with a Sharpee. Easy, quick and cute!
8 comments:
They came out great :) I have yet to make these..but every time I see them on someone's blog I always mean too :)
The crayons are AWSOME!!!!! I had such a hard time when I did it... but your turned out great!
Very cute!
Were you able to get the crayon wax out of your mold afterwards? I'm still bummed about my abc molds that now can only be used for crayon melting.
Your cranyon hearts turned out awesome!
Hey again,
I'm putting together a few after Christmas posts with links to some activities. I am linking to your egg carton number game. Can I use your picture of just the egg carton? Let me know...thanks! Merry Christmas!
What fun! It's great that Maddie enjoyed the party, and your party favors turned out great. I still want to do those melted crayons one of these days :)
What a delightful bag of goodies to receive.
I will certainly be heading out in the post Christmas sales and buying some more Christmas themed moulds to make some batches of crayons for next year.
You're the "cool" mom, aren't you!? LOL These goodies bags ROCK! Well done - those are some lucky little kids! :)
Post a Comment