A few more fun ideas that have popped up in our Advent calendar (I knew there were more pictures to include in my last Advent post, plus we had yesterday and today's, too)...
By the way, we are all ornamented-out. We now have more ornaments than we know what to do with! Ha! There is one more ornament activity planned, but I'm scrapping it. I love her handmade ornaments, but we have ornaments coming out of our ears right now. And so, these will be the last of the ornaments. Promise.
So let's start off with... Ornaments! Ha!
For $0.49 each (at Joann's or Michaels), you can't beat that. She loves to paint them in and even I got in on the fun with her.
This was another favorite from last year. Last year, she liked it because the M&Ms magically stuck. This year, she liked it because the M&Ms are deliciously tasty. Ha!
I'm fairly certain that she did more sampling than decorating.
It was so much fun, however, having Daddy, Annie and Megan making trees with us!
They're just sugar cones, frosted with tinted frosting and decorated with ornaments (I mean, M&M Minis).
On our, "Make sugar cookies" day, we ended up making gingerbread cookies instead (it linked up with our Muffin Tin Monday).
I don't have any baking pictures because, well, baking was quite an adventure. There were phone calls and delivery men dropping off packages and a certain 2 year old cracking her own eggs...
I decided that we did need at least one picture to commemorate the last time I make gingerbread this fun occasion, and I ran to grab the camera. I was gone...oh... 4 seconds and came back to see Maddie's little cheeks stuffed with gingerbread dough.
Oh, Maddie. Such your mama's girl.
Oh, so we'd intended on making salt dough ornaments. However, when I found a fresh package of Model Magic (in the box of goodies from Ginger), I figured we'd just go with that instead. Megan and I rolled out the Model Magic and used Christmas-themed cookie cutters to make all sorts of ornaments (using a straw to poke a hole for the ornament hanger). When the pieces were all dry, we sat down and painted them.
How cute are these guys?! I think we may have a new Shafer family tradition. We each took a gingerbread cutout and painted ourselves. I think it'd be fun to make these each year and see how they change with time.And, one last thing... I updated our homemade/handmade Christmas blog today. Check it out HERE!
3 comments:
oh no! I've got the tree's planned for the toddler christmas party! hope thats ok already bought all the stuff! and were doing ordments too, maddie will be bored!
Love all the crafts and LOL on bows. My daughter begs to differ - she thinks that bows is most annoying thing she might be made to wear and it will happen only over her mighty protestations :)
The activities are awesome!
Post a Comment