This week's Open-Ended Art involved mosaics. I was at a little bit of a loss, to be quite honest. She has no interest in gluing scraps of paper (we've tried) to make a picture, and wasn't sure what to do. We made these mosaic stepping stones a few months ago, but I wanted to do something else, since she DOES love open-ended art and we hadn't done it in a week or so. I saw Crunchy and Green's take on it and knew that Maddie would love it (so thank you for the inspiration!).
We started with Model Magic and a jar of glass rocks and pebbles (dollar store). I have always loved "magic rocks," as my brother and I used to call them. When we were little, I remember going over to my Mimi's house, where there were always clear ones in dishes or jars. She used to let us take one or two each time. Sweet memory. :)
Together, we rolled out the clay and pushed cookie cutters into them. Then, she took pebbles and pressed them in.
And, here are our final products! Kinda pretty, huh? I'm thinking that these would make some pretty nifty gifts for Grandparent's Day! :)
Check out other GREAT mosaic ideas this week on Teaching My Little Bookworm's Open-Ended Art!
7 comments:
Those are very pretty :)
They look great!
Very cute!
They turned out great! We might make something like this for grandparents too!
CUTE!
What a fun idea, and great to recall memories too. I really like how, what and why you did with this project.
They turned out so cute! I wish we had used pretty glass pebbles instead of boring rocks. Maybe we'll make some more using your method!
Post a Comment