My goodness. Almost a week in between blog entries?! I think I set a personal record with that! The truth is that we've just been, not busy, but occupied. I've started turning the television off in the mornings and doing lots of activities, crafts and games with Maddie. She loves it, even though that seriously cuts out my morning computer time. :) We've also had lots of play dates with good friends and of course, tutoring, ballet and gymnastics keep us busy, too.
We went to the park with some friends last week. Owen and Maddie loved these swings (which yes, I know, they are for handicapped children; there were no handicapped children waiting to use them so these two lived it up).
We also celebrated my 28th birthday! Because we're annual pass holders at Disneyland, when I went on my birthday, I got a gift card for $72! I can't WAIT to do Maddie's Christmas shopping there!
Maddie and Mike rode the teacups for the first time. She was a huge fan. :)
And, as much as she loves the Tinkerbell movie, she wasn't that enthusiastic about meeting Tinkerbell.
And of course, ballet is still the favorite thing over here. Seriously, I've never seen her enjoy something as much as she does ballet. Yesterday, Nana, Poppa, Daddy, Annie and Megan came to watch her and I think we all grinned like goofballs the entire class!
Learning the positions is hard work! I can't wait for Grandma to come watch her next week!
And Mike and I are doing great. We feel so abundantly blessed and I try to not take one day for granted. I have never felt God's hand so strongly in my life and I'm incredibly thankful for where we are today, all that we have overcome and all that we continue to accomplish. Thanks for all of you who continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
So, there's our catch up! I'll get back into the swing of blogging again; I miss reading friends' blogs way too much!!
6 comments:
I missed reading your blog as well. Thanks for the update. Love you.
So, much fun. When I was blog hopping this morning I came across this craft project: Pixie Hollow in a Jar.
(http://zakkalife.blogspot.com/2009/08/craft-project-pixie-hollow-in-jar.html)
I thought you might be interested, since you have a picture with Tinkerbell.
Oh my goodness! That Tinkerbell craft is TOO cute!! I will totally have to make one for Maddie!! Thank you so much for the link. She would LOVE that!
She is absolutely adorable!
Happy birthday! I am glad that you had such a fun week. Maddie is so lucky to grow in the family that gives her so much of their time and their resources.
Happy Birthday!
There must be something in the water. I haven't been blogging as much lately either. I really want to get back into it.
Post a Comment