Saturday, September 5, 2009

Creation, Day 3

Maddie and I just completed day three of our unit on creation, which was about God creating dry land and plants. First, she colored in her page (well actually, she insisted that I also help).
Then, it happened to work out that we were meeting some friends at our local nature center. It was perfect and we talked about how God was the one that had created all the plants and flowers there.
All her friends had fun. Aren't they cute? :)
When we got home, we sorted through some of the "pieces" that had made their way home with us: leaves, sticks and rocks.
And, since God made the flowers, it was only fitting to make some flowers! Since this was a fairly messy painting project, Maddie was totally naked (thus, the lack of pictures!). I got all the instructions from here, making a couple of little changes (she insisted on googly eyes instead of a picture of her, and we added green glitter glue to the stem).
Next up? Sun, moon and stars!

5 comments:

Katie said...

How fun! Where did you get that Creation kit- I think I might like to do that with Spencer.

I'm so jealous that Maddie had a lot of friends her age. Most of my friends don't have any kids yet and the ones who do live too far away. I only have one local friend with a child and she's a year younger than Spencer, so they're not exactly in the same "place" yet. Oh, if only we didn't live on opposite sides of the country, haha!

So are you excited about Mike going to work and having the days to yourself or are you sad? I guess there's probably an adjustment period no matter what.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

Michelle said...

I used those same coloring sheets with my Sumday School class thanks for reminding me about them!

Michelle Gibson said...

Neat to see you studying about Creation! We will begin our study of Creation this fall and I can't wait! I love how you talked to her along the way showing her real examples of creation! The crafts are coloring are cute too! Great job!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

The flowers turned out to be so pretty - we might try something like this in the future. Your creation projects are a lot of fun.

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

Is that candy in with those flowers?! I think we really need to make those, lol! Love all your creation ideas. If I can ever get my you-know-what in gear, I'm going to use a lot of your ideas for our creation theme. Thanks!