Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy

Five years ago, Michael took me on the ferris wheel at Disney's California Adventure park and asked me to marry him. Tonight, he took me back and at the same point in the ride, he asked me the same question. Well, I guess this time around it was worded a little differently, but somehow it felt much, much bigger.

So much has happened and it's a big statement for me to say that I have no regrets. I know that we've both changed and grown and I thank God every morning, afternoon and evening for the opportunity, and blessings, He's given us.

Tomorrow we'll celebrate at Maddie's second birthday party. And, aside from the birth of that crazy kid, being by Mike's side, with us both wearing our rings, is the second best gift I could ever be given.

12 comments:

MANDI FIERRO said...

How life changes to one extreme to another. I'm so happy that your happy, that's all that matters. Congrats guys! And keep being happy...we love ya

Ann (http://theblergblog.wordpress.com/) said...

I'm glad you guys are so happy.

Kristen @ My Semi-Crunchy Life said...

Oh Jill, this brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy that you guys are forging through this journey together, and are both coming out on the other side stronger and better people.

Have fun at Maddie's party today!

Heather said...

Awww, this makes me smile :)))). I'm so happy with the direction you guys are going.

Broas Family said...

What a special post. It's so awesome to see the fruit of answered prayers. God bless you both.

Nate, Allison,Ava and Hudson said...

God is so good! Nothing us impossible to him. I am so happy for all 3 of you. You are in our prayers daily! We have such a good god :)

~Mrs. Hughes said...

It's cool to see God's hand on you through it all, and to see prayers answered. I am thrilled for you and your family! What a special gift for Maddie.

Jennifer Willey said...

Amazing how life changes from year to year. Jill, I'm thrilled that things are going the way you wanted and that you're finally happy. It is especially wonderful for that sweet little girl of yours. Here's to many many more loving/happy years together!

klalaw said...

I'm so happy for you, Jill!

Brandi said...

God truly is amazing!! Seeing prayers answered always gives me chills... and reading this entry made me cry in joy for you and your beautiful family. LOTS of love!! Brandi

Beverly said...

Jill, I'm late to this, but I'm so happy things have worked out this way for you. ::hugs::

TessBenson said...

Im crying and crying! I LOVE IT! Im so happy that you guys are together! prayers work! I dont know how I missed this post! but it brought the BIGGEST smile to my face! I hope you said yes! God is Good!