Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Some Fun, New Things

I put this together tonight, and I'm excited for Maddie to wake up in the morning and try it out (and by "morning," I'm hoping that she sleeps in until 8:30 again). :) I found this fun bag in my wrapping paper supplies and chose objects to place inside. Her "job" will be to reach in, and without looking, try to name the object, using only her sense of touch. I put a bell, ball, feather, rock, snake and flower inside (all words that she can relatively say). We'll see how it goes; I hope she likes it.
For months, I've been collecting miniatures that I can use to make phonics pouches for Maddie. I know I have a long way to go, but it's fun to keep my eye out for tiny objects to use (and Mom, I'm putting you in charge of finding little things too; I know you'll come up with some great ideas!).
And lastly, tomorrow's art project is ready to go. Maddie's friend, Nicholas, is coming to play with her tomorrow, and I decided that they should both make something fun. You'll have to check back to see what these turn out to be... :)

No comments: