Monday, February 16, 2009

A Better Evening

The last post was a little bit of a downer. Sorry. The truth is just that this is a really hard time for me and the bottom line is that I miss my husband terribly. There. I said it. :)
But, Maddie and I had a great evening and I can honestly say that I was a little sad when she went to bed tonight. She's such a little character and truly keeps me laughing. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was on and I guess Mickey was trying to figure out which shape tire would be best for the car. Anytime there's a pause for a question on a TV show, she'll always look to me, with a curious look on her face. So tonight, I wasn't necessarily watching the show, but knew they were asking questions. She'd look at me and I'd say, "Nooooo!" I guess Mickey had chosen a circle tire and when I blindly answered 'no,' she got up, came over, put her hands on my face and made me nod my head "yes." Of course, the whole time, she was cracking up, too. :)
We had our first Easter egg hunt today (because really, it's never too early to start training and I am the long-standing egg-hunting champion in my family so it's only right to start grooming Maddie). :) She LOVED the eggs and especially when we put little toys "ihhh-side." Thanks Megan for creating such fun egg hunts! It was super cute to watch her hunt for them and then get SO excited to "find" one (and by "find" we mean when the egg was in the middle of the room, on the floor). :)
I made some tactile (check the spelling Annie; Lol) letters for Miss Maddie yesterday. I've been wanting to buy some, but when I found sandpaper at the dollar store, I decided to make my own. So, this project cost a whopping dollar, and I hope they'll get lots of use. We sat together this afternoon and traced through some letters and named others. I did the vowels on different colored cardstock to which Maddie started immediately sorting into a different pile. LOL.
Oh my goodness, we had some science fun tonight! Those that know me will already know that I truly am a math and science whiz and have been itching to instill the same love in Maddie. LOL! Totally kidding. But really, I want to try and expose Maddie to a variety of things, and tonight we worked with magnets. Megan was here to help us and can attest to the extreme level of concentration that Maddie was working at (as evidenced by the heavy breathing and the fact that she and the magnets were the only things that existed in her little world). We talked about how they stuck together and how the little balls wanted to be together, too. These were all really awesome finds that I found through the Lakeshore outlet.
This is just a funny shot of Maddie's hair, post-tantrum. She threw an epic fit on the floor of the kitchen (because truly, we don't need to mix popcorn kernels into our macaroni and cheese, do we??) and after she composed herself, this was the result. Love the bow, darling. :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Big hugs to you Jill! I'm sorry you're missing him right now.

Maddie is such a bright little girl!