We are absolutely lovin' our Kumon workbooks over here (and no, I'm not sponsored or paid to say that!). So far, the newness of them hasn't worn off and Maddie is always eager to do a hundred a few pages each day.
When we were at the bookstore this week, my friend pointed out the smaller Kumon books, which I hadn't seen before. Since Maddie loves to practice cutting, I picked up the Let's Cut Paper edition.
For this book, you need scissors (and I'm done with the spring-loaded ones; we jumped to regular kid-safety ones and it's been SO much better) and some tape.
I didn't get any good cutting pictures, but oh my gosh!
She picked up the scissors, needed a little help with finger placement, and then off she went!
She cuts!
I guess this isn't really a huge thing for everyone, but this child has wanted to independently cut for months now. She has worked and practiced and it has finally paid off.
Plus, it's fun for me to watch her do something that she is just fully engrossed in.
So anyway, after the child cuts (and yeah, I'm not saying she can cut perfectly! Check out some of those crazy edges! Ha!), then they get to assemble the puzzle.
More bang for your buck!
Sometimes I get asked what parents can do with their tots and I highly recommend these books as a great activity. They're easy and quick (and the little book was only $5, I think).
1 comment:
We have ALL of that Kumon series! Folding, cutting, pasting, coloring and bears oh my! I haven't brought them out in a while but maybe I should again!
Post a Comment