Tot School.
If you've ever posted a Tot School entry, you know how long they take to compile.
Well, at least, they take me a long time.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong...?
Anyway, Maddie and I continue to do our weekly themes, but I have reeeeeeally been dragging my feet on posting. And then, a few weeks go by, I feel overwhelmed with it and then...
Nothing gets posted.
But, I'm trying.
Granted, I'm a few days too late to link up, but I'm still trying. :)
Last week, we learned a little more about our country, since she was very curious as to why Daddy had last Monday off. :)
I wasn't feeling too swell, but we did get a few fun trays done.
Instead of doing dot markers or magnets in the circles, I gave her some sheets of dot stickers (I had these in my teaching stash, but I used to buy them at office supply stores).
I thought she'd love this.
She didn't.
She didn't like that I didn't have white stickers to go in the white circles.
And, why would I give her green and yellow stickers when there isn't green or yellow on the flag?!
Regardless, she ended up doing only the red and blue sections. Geesh.
Her new chunky pencil and fab foam grip are hidden under the red construction paper, but the purpose of this tray was to give her tricked-out new writing utensil a spin.
She had fun writing "letters" and then had even more fun decorating the whole thing with red, white and blue glitter glue. :)
For this tray, she colored in the flag with colored pencils (always a fave) and then practiced her cutting skills.
She's getting much better and is far more confident with the scissors, too.
We talked about the president and she got to use Mommy's markers (because yes, I still buy myself new Crayola markers, too!) to fill in her book.
She will now proudly tell you that Barack Obama is our president and that he once lived in New Whork.
This was just a fun little flag and letter activity that we did. We went through the alphabet in order and she dot stamped the letter. Since they were all mixed up, she had to search and stamp.
I made these pattern strips for her using my Cricut machine (love it!).
On each strip, I got her started with three stars and then she had to complete them.
She did so well!
Well...
Until she got to the fourth strip, where she got to make her own pattern.
That turned out to be a hot mess! She had stars glued all over it but was so proud that it just had to be hung in her room. :)
For this one, she used watercolor crayons (which are always our faves) to color in the flag. Then, I cut out some white stars for her to glue on, too.
She worked hard.
And, as you can see, she totally nailed the colors on the flag.
Ha!
This was a fun patterning one that she actually got to do with Daddy.
She patterned and glued on the stripes and then used a bottle of White-Out to make the "stars."
Clearly, a totally accurate depiction, right?! :)
So, not a huge week but I really want to get back to posting them. Any ideas on how to make it a less time-consuming process??
Oh, and all reproducibles can be found on Making Learning Fun.
4 comments:
Tot School posts take me a long time, too! Last week I did 2 posts in a row, and each one had a month's worth of tot school activities (I was 2 months behind)! That caught me up for now. Even one week's activities takes me forever because I like to post lots of pictures. Anyway, I love your activities this week--I'll have to try some of them with my tot. Thanks for taking the time to share!
Looks like a super fun memorial week theme! Love the white out stars! My posts take forever as well! One thing I do (not sure you do this or not) is start from what I want the end of the post to be and add my pictures in first. So the first picture I upload is the last picture in the post. Once I get the pictures in then I add the text. Maybe there is a better way.. but thats what I have been doing!
I love the idea to do a Memorial Day theme. Maybe I overlook the obvious, but it never occurs to me to do themes like this. What fun!
You asked for ideas to make posting easier. Have you tried using Windows Live Writer? It's a free download, and it makes posting to a blog SO MUCH easier! You can edit your entire post, get pictures where you want them, and you don't have to wait a gazillion minutes for pictures to load before completing your post. Give it a try!
great memorial day fun! and yes i still buy me crayons, markers and school supplies each year! :)
you made a list of top 100 blogs! :) http://raisingplayfultots.com/rptindex/raising-playful-tots-index0
Post a Comment